Governance of Scottish Housing Associations (GOSHA) SQA Customised AwardPrint course
Governance of Scottish Housing Associations (GOSHA) SQA Customised Award
Bob Allan Conference Centre, Saracen House, 139 Saracen Street, Glasgow, G22 5AZ
Members £595.00 / Non-Members £895.00
No dates for this event.
|Date:||No dates for this event.|
Who’s it for and what’s it about?
The qualification is for all Committee/Board members but it is recommended that candidates have served on their Committee/Board for at least a year.
What do you need to do?
The qualification is based on a vocational format – that is, you gather evidence of your knowledge of your responsibilities as a Committee/Board member. It has three units and candidates must complete all three units in order to obtain the Certificate.
- Work to achieve Good Governance of the Housing Association
- Contribute effectively to Committee/Board meetings
- Prepare yourself to deliver Good Governance of the Housing Association.
This is an induction session
The governance of housing association/co-operatives is all the more important – it’s become even more business critical. It’s crucial that governing board members:
- Effectively lead
- Ensure financial well-being
- Identify and manage risk
- Ensure delivery of quality and responsive services
- Are accountable – and take account of the views of tenants and others
- Have the right combination of people and processes
- Work in partnership with senior staff
- Are forward looking, whilst monitoring current performance
- Provide critical oversight and challenge
- Want to get more on top of governance?
Why not think about doing SHARE’s qualification specifically created for governing body members of housing associations and co-operatives in Scotland?
Not just will you get more on top of governance, but on successful completion of the qualification you will get a Certificate recognised by the Scottish Qualifications Authority
Trainer: Olwyn Gaffney