A holistic approach to allocationsPrint course
A holistic approach to allocations
Reidvale Neighnbourhood Centre
Members £100.00 / Non-Members £200.00
No dates for this event.
|Date:||No dates for this event.|
Who’s it for and what’s it about?
This course is for housing practitioners with responsibility for allocations including those to external agencies and local authorities in relation to nominations and Section 5 referrals.
The course will examine existing good practice in relation to maintaining housing lists, offers and refusals, tenancy offers and sustainment. In addition the new measures contained within the Housing (Scotland) Act 2014 regarding the changes to reasonable preference, consultation and home ownership will be considered, together with an exploration of the new tenancy types and qualifying periods.
The course provides a holistic approach to allocations ranging from strategic to day to day functions.
- Applying for housing
- Housing options advice
- Pre-tenancy advice and tenancy sustainment
- Target setting
- Local agreements
- Section 5 referrals
- Managing lists
- Suspensions and Cancellations
- IT systems
- Offering properties
- Monitoring outcomes
- Statistical information
- Policy, procedures and transparency
- Tenancy types
- Legal framework and good practice
- Housing (Scotland) Act 2014
- Understand the importance of pre-tenancy advice
- Explore ways of effectively allocating homes
- Understand partnership working
- Examine good practice and the current legal framework
Trainer: Helen Barclay