Disciplinary and grievance issues - what do Committee/Board need to know?Print course
Disciplinary and grievance issues - what do Committee/Board need to know?
Members £110.00 / Non-Members £210.00
No dates for this event.
|Date:||No dates for this event.|
Who’s it for and what’s it all about?
This session focuses on disciplinary and grievance issues for your committee/board members. What does the Association's disciplinary and grievance policy say and how does it operate in practice? Are all Board members aware of the procedures they and their employees should follow? Given the importance of ensuring proper governance throughout the Association, making sure proper procedures are followed with regard to staff is key.
- What procedures do you need to follow in handling a disciplinary matter?
- What is the importance of a thorough investigation?
What are the potential repercussions of not following correct procedures?
- What input can ACAS have in this process?
- What other dispute resolution mechanisms are there?
- How do you deal with grievances (including those involving senior staff and committee members)?
Who should deal with different stages in the disciplinary and grievance process?
- What practical pointers are there in this area for committee members?
All too often claims are brought to an Employment Tribunal which could likely have been avoided had the employer followed a correct and fair process. As employers you want to minimise the possibility of an employee making derogatory comments about the Association due to a perceived lack of fairness or support, or indeed them raising a claim.
Trainer: David Hoey