Stress management for managersPrint course
Stress management for managers
Bob Allan Conference Centre, Saracen House, 139 Saracen Street, Glasgow, G22 5AZ
Members £195.00 / Non-Members £295.00
No dates for this event.
|Date:||No dates for this event.|
Who it’s for and what it’s about?
The Health and Safety Executive recommend that Employers carry out regular Stress Audits. This workshop, is aimed at managers who may have to support colleagues experiencing stress at work. It will allow participants to differentiate between work place stress and personal stress. It will also look at strategies on how to assist staff in reviewing any work place stress they may be facing, and sign-posting them to resources to deal with personal stress. The course will address areas in relation to Employee/Employer responsibilities, Risk Assessment, Stress Reduction Programme and Stress Policies. There will also be an opportunity to explore both Management styles and culture in relation to the Health and Safety Executives; Management Standards, and to carry out a Stress Audit using the same standards.
• Does stress exist?
• Introduction to H&SE Stress Management Standards
• Resources for dealing with stress
• Employer/Employee responsibilities
• Developing a Stress Reduction Programme
• Using Audits and Inventories
• Reference will be made to other sources of stress management information.
• Recognise the difference between workplace and personal stress
• Identify the different Employee/Employers responsibilities in relation to stress management
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Management Standards in relation to stress.
• Use some of the more common Stress Audit tools Present a Stress Awareness programme within their own workplace.
• Be able to carry out a stress audit within their work place
• Have an understanding of the various stress management interventions
Trainer: Seamus Corry