Supervisory SkillsPrint course
Reidvale Neighbourhood Centre, 13 Whitevale Street, glasgow, G31 1QW
Members £195.00 / Non-Members £295.00
No dates for this event.
|Date:||No dates for this event.|
Who’s it for and what’s it all about?
To succeed, supervisors need to understand and apply the core skills underpinning the five core areas (POLCA) generic to all management roles. This workshop covers the basic skills you will require in managing teams and achieving tasks.
This workshop is designed for new supervisors or individuals aspiring to move into management.
- The role – you have the title but what does it really mean?
- Managing your time – increasing quality
- Objectives setting – basis for all management actions
- Managing performance – key actions to stay in control
- Effective communication – Keeping staff informed
By the end of the course participants will be able to
- Identify the purpose and objectives of your role
- Set appropriate objectives for self and others
- Manage and motivate the team with effective communication
- Develop a personal sense of time
- Resolve problems