Effective team meetings (previously called 'Team meetings to die for')Print course
Effective team meetings (previously called 'Team meetings to die for')
Bob Allan Conference Centre, Saracen House, 139 Saracen Street, Glasgow, G22 5AZ
Members £195.00 / Non-Members £295.00
No dates for this event.
|Date:||No dates for this event.|
Who’s it for and what’s it about?
We all attend meetings and will have a view on those that were ‘worthwhile’ and those that, quite frankly, were ‘not worth getting out of bed for’! A good meeting can leave you energised and with a feeling of accomplishment and how to plan, organise and facilitate such a ‘successful meeting’ is what this session is all about. Gaining a reputation for running useful and effective meetings is good for you, your immediate team and the Association as a whole.
- Reasons to have a meeting – how we use them, what are they for and making sure the right people attend
- The need for a clear objective, structure and order: what, why, how?
- Crafting a meaningful agenda
- Agreeing the ground rules to encourage commitment and engagement from all
- Meeting etiquette and behaviours to both establish and to watch out for!
To increase appreciation and awareness of the need to:
- Ensure the meeting has been called for the right reasons, at the right time and that the right people have been invited
- Make the most out of any meeting space and time.
- Have a clear,shared and understood objective for the meeting that is reflected in a meaningful agenda
- Have agreed ground rules and acceptable behaviours
- Participants will have had the opportunity to explore and discuss how best to plan, organise and run a successful meeting and will have a greater understanding and appreciation of what actions to initiate, and watch out for, to ensure that meetings they run (and are a part of) are successful.
Trainer: Heather Ballantine