Valuing diversityPrint course
Reidvale Neighbourhood Centre, 13 Whitevale Street, Glasgow, G31 1QW
Members £95.00 / Non-Members £195.00
No dates for this event.
|Date:||No dates for this event.|
Who’s it for and what’s it about
Managing equalities and the requirements of The Equality Act 2010 is vital to any organisation wishing to provide fair treatment for service users, committee members, staff and job applicants.
This newly developed half day course will provide a reminder to staff of the protected characteristics defined by The Equality Act 2010 and the various forms of discrimination/harassment recognised by the Act.
While the training sessions will reflect current legislation each session will be scenario based using case studies and video clips which will provoke discussion on a number of protected characteristics. A workshop approach will be used to consider ways of promoting and valuing diversity within the Association.
In an innovative way the course will include:
• Awareness of legislative background
• Valuing and embracing diversity
• Case studies and Video clips
• Diversity Strategy - Workshop discussions
• A practical understanding of responsibilities under the legislation
• Consideration of discrimination in its various forms
• Understanding the benefits of valuing and embracing diversity
Trainer: Anne Robertson