Managing risk in the workplace (ilm level 3 module in Managing Risk)Print course
Managing risk in the workplace (ilm level 3 module in Managing Risk)
Reidvale Neighbourhood Centre, 13 Whitevale Street, Glasgow, G31 1QW
Members £275.00 / Non-Members £375.00
No dates for this event.
|Date:||No dates for this event.|
Who’s it for and what’s it about?
This course has been created specifically for those working in maintenance, technical services or who have a role in development where you are, or will be, expected to manage risks within a project or generally in your day to day activities.
This course is part of the Career Builder programme which has been devised especially for those pursuing a career in maintenance, technical services or development and you want to develop a strong CV, build your confidence and provide opportunities to move from assistant to officer level.
As this course can be taken for credit with the Institute of Leadership and Management there will be an assignment which will be assessed. The task will require you to familiarise yourself with relevant legislation and internal policies relating to risk. It will also involve conducting a risk assessment within your own workplace, recommend strategies for minimising the impact of the risks and how these will be monitored and reviewed.
- Context and scope of the workplace
- Legislation and regulation relating to risk in housing
- Internal risk management policies and procedures including the Risk Register
- Principles of risk management
- Types of risk, appraising and measuring risk and mitigating factors
- Reporting risk
- Prevention and control measures and risk management planning
- Monitoring and re-assessing level and implications of risk
- Understand the importance of risk management in your workplace
- Understand the legal and regulatory risk management environment
- Be able to evaluate relating to the management of risk in your area of responsibility
- Be able to conduct a risk assessment, measure risk, identify mitigating factors, minimise and monitor risks
- Be able to compile a risk register and report risk effectively
To take this course for credit with the Institute of Leadership and Management you will complete a practical assignment in the workplace. On successful completion you can add this to your CV as part of a recognised qualification.
(Costs include ilm registration fee and assessment fees. Does not include a licence for delegates to use Microsoft Project in their workplace)
Trainer: Kirsteen McGinn