Information Governance for senior managersPrint course
Information Governance for senior managers
Reidvale Neighbourhood Centre, 13 Whitevale Street, Glasgow, G31 1QW
Members £275.00 / Non-Members £375.00
No dates for this event.
|Date:||No dates for this event.|
Who’s it for and what’s it about?
Your Housing Association’s / Co-operative’s information has the potential to be a key business asset or a risk-laden liability – it’s all down to how it is managed. This one day course is for senior managers who have responsibility for corporate or service governance in their Housing Association or Co-operative. The purpose of the course is to introduce the concept of information governance (IG) and steps required to develop and deliver a pragmatic IG framework that will help your organisation to reduce risk, increase value and improve performance and compliance.
This highly interactive course will include short discussion sessions and exercises leading to the creation of a high level action plan that you can use with colleagues in your Housing Association/Co-operative to apply what you have learnt on the course. You will also receive a list of recommended web resources to support you on your improvement journey.
- What is information governance and why is it important?
- Current organisational challenges and drivers for IG improvement
- Increased scrutiny and evidence-based compliance
- Economic constraints
- Tenant engagement and empowerment
- Data protection reform - the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Business transformation & technology exploitation
- Partnership and mobile working
- Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Balancing information security and control with information access and use
- Developing and delivering an Information Governance Framework that works!
- Governance structures and resourcing
- Policy, strategy and priorities
- Audit and risk assessment
- Information governance rules and tools
- Role based staff engagement, education and support
- Implementing the framework in existing file shares and business systems
- Change management – “information by design&rdquo
Sharing and applying the learning from this course, will help you and your organization to ensure that:
- Adequate information and records are created and captured to meet requirements for delivering and evidencing organisational activity
- They are stored, retrieved and shared effectively, efficiently and securely including where they are dispersed across different systems and locations
- They are systematically and authoritatively disposed of when they cease to be of business value
This in turn will enable a range of business benefits including:
- Improved transparency and accountability
- Informed decision making
- Management of business risks
- Continuity in the event of disaster or business disruption
- The protection of rights and obligations of your organization, employees, tenants and other groups and individuals you engage with
- Protection and support in litigation
- Compliance with legislation and regulations
- Reduction of costs through greater business efficiency
- Evidence-based research and development activities
- The protection of corporate, personal and collective memory
Trainer: Heather Jack