Preparing a design briefPrint course
Preparing a design brief
Reidvale Neighbourhood Centre, 13 Whitevale Street, Glasgow, G31 1QW
Members £175.00 / Non-Members £275.00
No dates for this event.
|Date:||No dates for this event.|
Who’s it for and what’s it about?
This course has been designed for those specifically working in development, technical services or who have a role in development where you are, or will be, expected to commission new build or rehabilitation projects.
This session will enable you to produce a comprehensive design brief detailing the standard of homes that your organisation wants to provide. Detailing what products you may want to specify, what are the important design standards for your organisation that you want to include internally and externally.
This course will cover
- Building life, maintenance, sustainability
- Compliance with housing for varying needs
- Building form and orientation
- Space standards
- External environment
- Internal environment
- Secure By Design
As a result of attending this course you will be able to:
- Produce a design brief for your organisation
- Understand the impact of your decisions for maintenance, life cycle costing and sustainability
- Understand the impact of Housing for Varying Needs
- Understand the impact of Secured by Design
- Use of new technologies to improve your housing provision
Trainer: Kirsteen McGinn