Development - an introduction (HAIAN)Print course
Development - an introduction (HAIAN)
Members £95.00 / Non-Members £195.00
No dates for this event.
|Date:||No dates for this event.|
(part of Housing associations in a nutshell)
This session will provide an understanding of the development process. What is required to plan and execute a new build development programme? Understand funding mechanisms and the regulation of these. Delegates will also be able to gain an understanding of all of the relevant pieces of legislation that form how you develop. The role of the Committee/Board in approving new developments and monitoring the progress of developments.
- Strategic Housing Investment Programme (SHIP) / Strategy & Development Funding Plans
- The Development Process: a step by step guide
- The Glasgow Standard
- Secured by design
- Housing for varying needs
- Section 7 Sustainability (Aspect Silver Level & Gold Level)
- Funding mechanisms
- Risk Management
- Understand the development process
- Understand the critical components of the process and how you govern these.
- Be aware of the regulatory process, i.e. planning and building warrant
- Understand the legal requirements for procurement
- Understand the risks and how to mitigate them
- Grasp the Association’s/Co-operative’s role on how to deliver a development project on time and on budget.
Trainer: Kirsteen McGinn