Complaints handling process (CHP) – refresher workshop for Committee/BoardPrint course
Complaints handling process (CHP) – refresher workshop for Committee/Board
Bob Allan Conference Centre, Saracen House, 139 Saracen Street, Glasgow, G22 5AZ
Members £95.00 / Non-Members £195.00
No dates for this event.
|Date:||No dates for this event.|
Who is it for and what’s it about?
This session is for Committee/Board members who would benefit from a timely refresher session on how the Complaints Handling Process should be effectively implemented, as per SPSO guidelines, and what constitutes best practice for a Committee to ensure that there is ‘learning’ from upheld complaints and their Association’s Complaints Handling Performance.
The session is designed to encourage ‘engaging conversations’ and will include some useful SPSO templates and links to make applying the ‘lessons learned’ from this session in your association/co-operative.
- Over view of the SPSO Complaints Handling Procedure (CHP) – including process + accountability
- What is and what is not viewed as a complaint – under CHP?
- Complaint | Moan | First Time Request for Service – how should these be dealt with?
- Difference between a Stage 1 and Stage 2 Complaint?
- Reporting of Complaints – internally and externally
- Learning from Complaints as a Committee/Board - how | what | why?
- A clear reminder of the SPSO guidelines and expectations for effective Complaints Handling
- Clarifying what should be recorded as a ‘complaint’ Committee/Board - how | what | why. And what should be dealt with separately and not through CHP
- The importance of accurate and consistent record-keeping and how this information can be effectively used, at Committee/Board level, to enhance learning and complaints handling performance
Trainer: Heather Ballantine