Development Refresher for Committee/BoardPrint course
Development Refresher for Committee/Board
Bob Allan Conference Centre, Saracen House, 139 Saracen Street, Glasgow, G22 5AZ
Members £95.00 / Non-Members £195.00
No dates for this event.
|Date:||No dates for this event.|
Who’s it for and what’s it about?
It may be some time since your housing association or co-operative developed new houses, or you’re new to the Committee/Board and you know little about development. Your association or Co-operative is considering some development projects, or are already in the early stages of a project.
This course will provide you with insight into the development process, explain recent changes to legislation and regulation impacting on development. It will also provide examples of good practice as well as a reminder about the roles and responsibilities of the Committee/Board in the development process.
- Social Housing Investment Programme (SHIP) / Strategy & Development Funding Plans
- The Development Process: a step by step guide
- The Glasgow Standard
- Secured by design
- Housing for varying needs
- Section 7 Sustainability (Aspect Silver Level & Gold Level)
- Funding mechanisms
- Risk Management including health & safety
- Role of the Committee/Board
- Be aware of current processes and practices in development
- Be clear about current regulations
- Understand your role and responsibilities as a Committee/Board
- Be more knowledgeable and able to ask good questions about development
Trainer: Kirsteen McGinn