Understand how to manage contracts and contractors in the workplace (ilm level 3)Print course
Understand how to manage contracts and contractors in the workplace (ilm level 3)
Reidvale Neighbourhood Centre
Members £280.00 / Non-Members £380.00
No dates for this event.
|Date:||No dates for this event.|
Who's it for and what's it about?
This course is for anyone who will be acting on behalf of their organisation to negotiate and award contracts and manage them alongside the contractors. It is ideal for those in technical services or development roles who want to develop their knowledge, understanding and skills in this area.
- Basic contract law
- Types of contracts
- Contract management procedures and tools
- Scale and scope of contracts
- Monitoring and evaluating contracts
- Commissioning contracts
- Types of information required by contractors
- Types of contractors commonly used in the workplace
- Examples of control tools
- Contractor selection processes
- Understand how contracts are managed in the workplace
- Understand how contractors can be managed in the workplace
- As this is a unit of an ilm level 3 Award in leadership and management there will be a work-based assignment. On successful completion of the assignment learners will be awarded an ilm certificate for the unit.
- The assignment will require you to demonstrate your awareness of the key aspects of contract and health and safety law and that you know how to ensure contractors working on your premises or sites do not pose a risk to the Association/ Cooperative.
Trainer: Kirsteen McGinn