Data Protection and Privacy in practice: preparing for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - training for HR managersPrint course
Data Protection and Privacy in practice: preparing for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - training for HR managers
Reidvale Neighbourhood Centre
Members £195.00 / Non-Members £295.00
No dates for this event.
|Date:||No dates for this event.|
Who's it for and what's it about?
All housing associations and co-operatives collect, use and retain personal data about current, prospective and past employees as part of their day-to-day operations. Your organization’s compliance obligations under data protection and privacy legislation is about to change significantly when the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force on 25 May 2018.
The purpose of this course is to provide you with practical, proportionate steps you can take to prepare for compliance in the context of employee management and the processing of employee data in the work place. The myths and hype surrounding the GDPR will be dispelled along the way. The course will include short discussion sessions and exercises to assess current HR personal data processing and controls against GDPR requirements. This will lead to the creation of a priority-based action plan to deliver learning into action back in the workplace to help you prepare for GDPR compliance.
This course, will help you and your organization:
- understand key changes under the GDPR and their practical implications for HR activities and employee data processing
- understand and mitigate risks of non-compliance
- take informed and practical action to prepare for compliance
- understand and deliver wider benefits of GDPR compliance to:
- maintain positive, trusted employee relations
- improve operational efficiency
Trainer: Heather Jack