Leading effective strategic teamsPrint course
Leading effective strategic teams
Bob Allan Conference Centre, Saracen House, 139 Saracen Street, Glasgow, G22 5AZ
Members £195.00 / Non-Members £295.00
No dates for this event.
|Date:||No dates for this event.|
Who's it for and what's it about?
This course is for new and existing senior (housing) managers who have been given responsibility to lead their team to consider new strategies for service redesign, improvement or diversification and to devise new services to meet tenants needs and ensure the ongoing viability of their organisation.
This course looks at how to lead on strategic planning with your team to consider opportunities for strategic improvement within your organisation and how best to capitalise on these.
- What is strategy?
- Why do I plan?
- What am I trying to achieve?
- Assembling multidisciplinary teams
- What is involved?
- Internal and external analysis- SWOT/PEST
- What are others doing?
- Risk planning
- Setting a budget
- Writing a strategy
- Strategic Action Plan and timeline
- Customer engagement
- Dealing with issues
- Who is implementing?
- Strategic review and lessons learned
- Understand the importance of the leadership role in strategic planning.
- Have considered the skillsets for assembling the right team to devise and deliver strategy.
- You will have practical tools to enable you to lead on strategic planning in a structured way, to understand your operating environment and to respond to this.
- You will be aware of what can go wrong and how to avoid or overcome many of these issues.
- You will understand the importance of understanding your market and customer needs for new services and diversification.
- You will have the skills and knowledge to assess how well your team are doing to deliver the strategy and be responsive to feedback and competition.
Trainer: Angela Spence