Challenging views with care and confidencePrint course
Challenging views with care and confidence
Bob Allan Conference Centre, Saracen House, 139 Saracen Street, Glasgow, G22 5AZ
Members £110.00 / Non-Members £210.00
No dates for this event.
|Date:||No dates for this event.|
It’s important for all Committee/Board members to have a clear voice and feel confident that they have contributed wisely to meetings. If this sometimes feels easier to say than do then this workshop could be for you! This session is designed for any Committee/Board members who feel that a ‘wee bit more confidence’ to say what they feel because you feel/fear that:
- it might not be as well received as you would like
- others would put it better than you or
- it might simply be that others ‘get in first’!
It will be ‘conversation’ rather than role-play based, however there will be opportunity to share ‘challenges’ and hear advice from both the group and the facilitator.
Key topics of conversation will be around:
- Why it’s important to be able to ‘challenge a point of view – with care and confidence’ and personal experience of the good | bad | ugly
- Confidence – what it is and how you can display this
- A nod to the topic of ‘resilience’ in that it’s important to be able to ‘bounce back’ if your point is not as popular as you’d hoped!
- Assertiveness – what | why | when | how type conversations
- Comparisons to the behavioural traits of passive | aggressive and passive-aggressive
- Consider some ‘what-if’ examples that the group can discuss to suggest a way forward
By the end of this session delegates should be able to challenge ideas and contribute to committee/board meetings with confidence.
Trainer: Heather Ballantine