Squaring the circle - Practical housing support and homelessnessPrint course
Squaring the circle - Practical housing support and homelessness
Bob Allan Conference Centre, Saracen House, 139 Saracen Street, Glasgow, G22 5AZ
Members £195.00 / Non-Members £295.00
No dates for this event.
|Date:||No dates for this event.|
Who's it for and what's it about?
Glasgow Homelessness Network will provide a one day session that will support participants to better understand the role of Housing Support for clients as they navigate the housing system and move towards sustained tenancies.
The objective of these sessions is to develop an evidence-based understanding of some of the options and challenges faced by staff in delivering housing support and allow exploration of tools tips and techniques to use on a day to day basis Participants will:
- Gain an overview of homelessness – the current context, possible causes, and typical demographics and legislation
- Addiction and support – the participants will gain an understanding of risk assessment, common substances of misuse, treatment regimens and dealing with relapse, and offering housing support to this group
- Better understand multiple tenancy failure and, through recent multiple exclusion research
- Explore the methods currently used across sectors to identify and support Tenants e.g. Psychologically Informed Environments (PIE); Trauma Informed Care (TIC) and Housing First
- Further understand how people can get lost in or opt out of the current system – and support approaches to tackle this
- Develop an understanding of where to refer or signpost people to for support; including Partnership Working and SmartReferrals and develop an understanding of good practice in Housing Support
- Learn appropriate ways to raise the issue of support and explore effective questions to get to the heart of the matter via coproducing care plans and appreciative enquiry
- Vicarious Trauma - Gain an insight into looking after themselves and colleagues
- Distance travelled – how to assess progress and review support
Trainer: Peter Anderson